Always the most regal and elegant of the quartet of reds from the domaine, this comes from a monopole of the domaine. The “clos” is 1.9 hectares. Many different soil types are within this site and the age of the vines varies, with parts of the vineyard planted in 1989, 1986, 1980, 1964, and 1955. Production is in the neighborhood of 575 cases per annum. Curiously, the vineyard faces north-northeast but this exposure works to produce a wine of great finesse with superb aging potential. Habitually, this wine is marked by exuberant notes of wild berries and a lively presence on the palate, the firm tannins giving excellent length and persistence.