$29.00 USD

The ever-searching Olivier Jullien continues to discover new truths of his terroir even 35 years into his project, coercing heartrending expressiveness from his high-altitude holdings in the Languedoc’s buzzing Terrasses du Larzac appellation. Olivier’s 2022 Rosé comprises 60% Cinsault, 20% Carignan, and 20% Mourvèdre; 85% of the blend was harvested specifically for rosé (i.e., earlier than for reds) and macerated for 12 hours, and the remaining 15% was the saignée of bunches harvested for reds. Fermented and aged entirely in steel this harvest—in contrast to the previous few vintages which incorporated some terracotta jar—the 2022 skillfully straddles the line between vinosity and ease-of-use, showcasing both the mineral precision of this exciting appellation and Olivier’s peerless touch.